Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween and fall time


Fall is a favorite time of year. I love the crisp air and the beautiful fall foliage, carmel apples, soups, warm clothes... you get the picture. I however am not a huge fan of Halloween. I like to see costumes and how original people are but I for one do not like being scared. Not at all!!! Celeste and Joe came over Sunday night for dinner and they were telling us about a hayride they went on last week that had people chasing after them with chain saws and people walking around a field like they were dead. See, I just don't get it. Paying to be scared is not my idea of fun. I know people that love that thrill of being scared. I have a sister that loves to put on a scary movie all by herself and loves the thrill of being scared. Hard to beleive we grew up in the same house. Oh and I don't like scary movies either. You don't want to watch a scary movie with me. I will scream, dig, yell at the screen, and finally I will get up and go to the bathroom (several times) then come in the room and ask "what happened". I don't make it very enjoyable for others, to say the least! Scary is NOT my thing. I don't like answering the door to older kids on Halloween when they are dressed up all scary. I do like the cute little kids though.
I like pleasant, happy, comfortable things. So this year for Halloween we are doing something fun, and pleasant and what older people do. We are going with friends to Northern Arkansas to see the fall foilage. We are going to a famous cave too, (yes I know there are bats in there but they are more scared of me and I sure they won't bother just little ol me). Now that is pleasant, happy, beautiful and comfortable to me. It will be a change from the normal Halloween but a change I am ready for. Happy Halloween to everyone.

3 comments:

Janae' said...

I agree. I like Harvest, or Autumn Parties, all those things, but Not Halloween!!!

Amy said...

im right there with you Maureen, I hate spook houses! Speaking of something more pleasant, I tagged you over on my blog. Go ove and take a look.

C and T Orvin said...

I love all the posts lately from you! I agree with the whole Halloween thing! Wouldn't you know it, we let the boys pick out their customes and Grant saw a cute little card with a ghost on it so he decided thats what he wanted to be. It was in the high 90's here for Halloween - gotta love Arizona! We were all sweaty by the end of the night! Tell Doug we said hello! Miss you guys!