Sunday, November 2, 2008

B&B spells R&R

Friday afternoon we took off to Mt. View Arkansas for some fun with our friends. We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast on Friday night. B&B's are much more fun than Hotels. We found out about this nifty little place on an American Airline airplane magazine. Kathleen & I both went on different flights and read the same article. The article talked this place up along with the beautiful setting it is nestled in. The B&B was really neat with great attention to detail to make your stay fabulous. That night we went to dinner in the little town square, walked around and listened to the old folks sit on the porches and play their instruments and sing. (Yes they were older that we were, in fact I was feeling quite young, I am thinking they were in their late 70's early 80's) We went back to the B&B and played Phase 10 until 11:30 pm. I don't think I have laughed that hard for a very long time. My dear friend was losing pretty bad and felt that she had to redeem herself some and just starting cheating. She said she did it in a nice way, which was true and she didn't try to hide the cheating at all. After the game ended the score was tallied and I Won, Brooks close second, Doug and then Kathleen. Keep in mind that she usually wins, without cheating.... I think, I guess we will have to pay more attention from now on.
We got up the next morning to a most beautiful sight of colorful trees on the hills around us. It was a breathtaking view. Something out of a magazine... Amazing!!! We had a wonderful fancy breakfast and then we took a walk around the pond and just took in the view. I don't think I have ever witnessed a more beautiful fall foliage in my life. I know I was almost annoying I just kept saying "Wow look how beautiful". I love landscape beauty... It just makes me feel good inside. I feel like God blessed us with such a beautiful earth and it makes me feel loved by Him. We drove off into the Ozark mountains and saw more beauty. The fall colors were at their peak. We stopped off at Blanchard Springs Cave and took the tour, then went to the Springs for more beautiful scenery. Oh did I mention that I forgot my camera? None of us had a camera, so it will have to be a memory or.... we could go again next year just to take pictures and have more R&R. It was very relaxing, extremly fun and just a marvelous time!!!

7 comments:

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

Jealous, absolutely jealous! What a perfect weekend to see the leaves.

Janae' said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun.

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun getaway!

Our Happy Family said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!!!! I love looking at Arkansas in the Fall, with all the trees changing colors.

The Crace's said...

Typical Kathleen. She cheats every time! At least she's honest about cheating.

Sue said...

That sounds like a wonderful time. Was the B&B across the street from the church? The one with the beautiful house with the pond at the bottom of the hill? Our lakehouse is just a mere 45 minutes over that hill and through the woods to Mimi and Poppy's play house you go. We drive that road alot and yes it is sooo beautiful up there! Next time just come stay at our place...it's cheaper!

Veda said...

I am so jealous! Sounds like a fun little weekend. I am really enjoying the fall colors. We missed the seasonal changes in San Diego.