Friday, November 7, 2008

Cute

I was at work yesterday, checking a patient out and I heard my cell phone ring... I couldn't get it at the time. I continued working and heard my cell phone ding to let me know I had a voice mail. I continued working... Then I finally had a little break ( few hours later) and I remembered the I had a message waiting for me. I grabbed my phone went in a private place and listened to my message. It was my oldest grandaughter Brooklyn, she is 3 1/2. Here is what she said "Hi Grandma, I was calling to say hi. I called aunt Celeste and Bob's (Aubrey)phone, and they are busy too. I just called to say hi. I miss you. I love you... I will talk to you later". My heart melted! How cute! I feel bad that I missed that most important call. How can I ever be too busy to answer a call like that. I tried to call her last night but she had gone with her daddy. I was sad that I didn't get to talk to her when she called. I think this is what the scriptures mean with we are told we should be childlike... Just call someone to say hi and say I love you. SWEET!
The days fly by and children grow up and those precious memories with them are just that, memories. To all you moms out there, no matter how tough the days get being a mom, know this: you have the most important job in the world, with the most important people who will ever come into your life. The time you have to teach and hold them is short, enjoy the journey! Time will march on and they will grow up and leave home to start their own families and you have memories. Make sure they are good memories for them and for you. Nothing else matters but what you can give them. Make each day count and play and have fun.
I am your cheerleader on the side lines. Along with all the other moms that have raised their families. We applaude you! It is worth all the sacrifice that you make. Yeah to the mom's and the grandma's.

9 comments:

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

Geez, thanks for making me cry. ;)

Britney said...

That's so funny that she calls Aubrey Bob.

Aubrey said...

She left a cute message for me too. She sounded all put out cause I didn't answer. It made me laugh!

lindsee said...

I went to my parents house this summer and on the anwsering machine are the msgs that my kids leave them. they dont want to erase them becuase they do mean so much when you dont get to see them very often...

Janae' said...

You made me cry, but thanks, I needed to hear that today, well probably every day...

Our Happy Family said...

That is such a sweet story.

Amy said...

thanks for the boost, Maureen ;)

JB said...

We love 'grandma nice'! Thanks for being such a great mom!

cindy said...

That's a good reminder. Thanks! Sometimes it seems like I'll be wiping little bottoms and noses for the rest of my life, but these little reminders help me stop and enjoy them more often.