Friday, November 14, 2008

How far would you go?

How far does one go to update their looks? There are many ways to make ourselves look younger, thinner, better, but do we know when to stop and just grow old gracefully. Now the simple things like hair color, highlights, some tanning, makeup, maybe the fake nails all help us look nice and maybe help us feel good about ourselves. I don't think any of us like growing old but I can't imagine having not just one surgery... but many to change my looks. I know some who have had tattoos on there lips, their eyebrows, there eye lids, then to follow it up with laysik, eye surgery (which is one that I would love to have I must admit) then the chest enhancement (over sized usually) and then the tummy tuck and the lypo, with botox here and there. How far would you really go to stay young and beautiful? How many of these would you really do? If you had the money would you do just one or maybe two or all of the above.
Now I must admit there are a few of these that I probably need or would consider but I don't know that I would really go that far. I know the tattoo is out for sure.
The reason I bring the subject up is, I saw a friend today that has had all of this done in the last 4 years. To be kind here I will say.... she looked better before and she should stop! She didn't look like the same person... it wasn't natural. I think we should take good care of ourselves but there is a point where we can go too far. She pretty much passed that point several surgeries back. The thought of Michael Jackson comes to mind. Although she hadn't done anything to her nose (at least I don't think). The natural look is more pleasing! So I pose the question again, How far would you really go to stay young and beautiful?

6 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

I used to think if I had to choose one I would make me thinner. Now, I say that I am just fine the way I look. Jesse thinks I look good, and I feel good, so I can't complain. Besides I have had enough surgeries in my life that I don't want to add more. Surgeries are to painful. Thats just my opinion.

Katie said...

I agree with Buffie, surgeries are too painful. I also think about what my future daughters would think. If they looked like me (whatever part I had fixed) would they feel like there was something wrong with them and they weren't pretty? So, I would probably stick with a few skin things if I had the money...laser hair removal and if I needed to, I would totally go for lasik. Just things that make life easier, but don't change the way you look.

Janae' said...

LOL... It is obvious.. I didnt get very far!!!

Veda said...

I agree with Buffy. I think it's so much more important feeling good about yourself and loving yourself for who you are not what you look like!

Amy said...

Ive never really understood the whole obessiveness( is that a word?) with ones looks. I think you do the best with what God gave you.

Anonymous said...

There's even more to consider. . . scar tissue. I know people, myself included, that have had necessary medical surgeries done, that have scar tissue to deal with in the future. It can make a mess of your inards :) I think we should take good care of our inards and outards :)