Sunday, October 12, 2008

My One week vacation

I was lucky to get away on a one week vacation and visit our daughter Julia in St. George, Ut. She and her husband have 2 adorable little girls and Julia is expecting a little boy in Feb (we hope he waits until Feb to be born) We had so much fun going to parks, playing in the water in our clothes, having picnic's and just playing and getting to know each other. Courtney is 1 1/2 and she hasn't known me at all. I haven't been to their home since she was born. We have been able to see them for a few days here or there but she would cry cause she didn't know who I was. I felt awful, here is this lady that wants to hug and kiss her and she was scared to death of me. This visit changed all that! It only took her one day to warm up to me. She couldn't say grandma so she called me "nice". She would point to me and call me "nice". It melted me! When we had family prayers they would say thanks that grandma could come and visit and she would say out loud "NICE". Adorable child. In the South we choose what grandparent name to be called by, I may change mine from grandma (isn't that original) to Nice.
Brooklyn who is 3 is quite the big sister too. We sang songs together with the actions, told stories, played dress ups and just had fun, did the things that grandma's and grandchildren are supposed to do. I didn't want the week to end. Julia and I enjoyed some time together as well. We went to a Huckleberry Finn Musical outdoors and we did some shopping and got a rasberry shake that equalled about a gallon of ice cream in each of our cups. As much as I love ice cream there is no way, no how I could have finished it or even eat half of it.
Then it was over and back to reality! But at least we have the memories and they think I am "Nice". I love being a grandma!

4 comments:

Janae' said...

I like that name Nice too. Quite original.. I would keep it. Glad you had such a great time.

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

What can I say, kids just call it like they see it!

Donan said...

How fun for you! We are lucky and get to see my parents quite often...I am thankful for that! Isn't fun the cool names that kids come up with? And the great part is they usually stick!

Julia said...

We, miss you Nice! Thanks for coming! love ya, mom! Julia :)