Sunday, October 12, 2008

Race For the Cure

Celeste and I were among about 50,000 women to walk or run the race for the cure. It was quite the experience. No one warned me that it would be so packed that you could not walk for about 2 miles. It was fun though, Celeste and I were side by side during the whole race. Celeste was brave and as we walked across the bridge she stayed on the edge to protect me. I don't like bridges and we were right on the edge. There was a railing there but you could see the water right below us.
There were women that were dressed really crazy, some were really quite weird but they were having fun so I guess that didn't matter if they were crazy.
Here are some pictures to capture the day. We spent the rest of the day with Joe and Celeste. We went to I-Hop in LR and then did some widow shopping. It was nice to play and spend time with the kids.







3 comments:

Janae' said...

That is so neat you could do that together!!

Julia said...

Go Mom and Celeste! Sounds like y'all had fun! Love ya! Julia :)

Anonymous said...

Maureen, you look SOOO GREAT! Your hair has grown and you look skinny minny! I love these pictures of you!!