Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rollin on the River

Every year in October Doug and I go on the Arkansas Queen Riverboat. Doug is on a Credit Union Board and that is where they have their annual dinner along with all the other Credit Unions in Arkansas. Usually we have dinner and a speaker then a short time to listen to some live music. (3 person band and they are pretty good). Last night we went to the annual meeting and I was expecting the same thing. Little bit of small talk with people you only see once a year, cafeteria type food, and I always liked the band. Well last night it was really fun. Not only did my man look really good sporting his shirt Aubrey and Kyle gave him... (I was with the cutest guy there) but we only had 4 couples at our table, and we had a lot of fun. (No boring speaker either) They started passing the ice tea down and we passed and of course they wondered why but no big deal. We ate dinner and then they broke the food down, carried it away and there was the dance floor. Oh we have danced in previous years but it was just to a couple of the slow songs. Last night we danced to the slow songs then they did the "Electric Slide". I didn't know that dance but this cute lady at the table said "Come on Maureen I will teach you". She is much younger and is really good at dancing. I was out there with everyone that already knew the dance. I did learn the moves after a few times of doing them and then I just had fun. I love to dance but just don't do much of it. (Which makes my kids happy cause they think it is funny to watch us out there moving around like old folks). We really had a good time. Some of the people at the table asked what was in my water that I could get out and dance... nothing but H2O. I just have fun in life and at this point I really don't care what others think. Is that bad? Who cares! I won't see these people for another year and maybe their memories are like mine. I am sure I was pretty boring to watch compared to the people on the floor with me that really knew how to move. Doug and I are going to look for dance classes somewhere. Not square dancing though! Hey if Cloris Letchman can do it at 82 why not us? Sorry kids more embarrassment for you!

4 comments:

Janae' said...

LOL.. That is great!! I am glad you had so much fun.

Aubrey said...

No embarrassment here. Dancing is medicine for the soul. :)

Aubrey said...

p.s. I would like to see some pictures of this riverboat trip and dad in his good looking shirt.

C and T Orvin said...

Maureen-
Sounds like a lot of fun! We won some dancing lessons last year at Carter's school and still have yet to go and use them. We love watching Dancing with the Stars and wish we could dance like that! Maybe when life slows down a little bit...when does that happen?!? We love to read your blog!

Casey and Tiff