Friday, October 24, 2008

The American Way



I am proud to be an American!!! I am one of those people that gets choaked up when I hear or sing the Star Spangled Banner or any other Patriotic Song. I fight back tears when I see the American Flag go by in a parade or see it flying in the breeze. I love knowing that we have wonderful young men and women that are willing to fight for our freedoms and sacrifice all that they have for us. Hopefully we continue on with our American ways, our American freedoms.
I know we don't have a perfect country but I don't think there is any other place in the world that offers what good ol' America does. I am proud to live in this country.
I get upset when I see others be disrespectful to the flag, or when the Pledge of Alegience is being said or Star Spangled Banner sung and people don't have the simple respect of stopping what they are doing and simply put their hands on their heart. It really makes me sad, no mad! Anyway, I also feel very priledged to be able to vote in the elections. I will admit I don't know everything about all the politicians and I am not a big political person, but I listen to the debates, read and listen to what I can... problem is everything is contradicted, it depends what you read or watch. Yes I know who I am voting for but I will say that I will be glad when this election is OVER! I don't like mud-slinging from either party. I want to know what they are going to do while they are president or in any other office and it would be nice if they actually did what they said they were going to do.
Lets just say I am sick of the commercials, the phone calls, the mail etc., all making promises they probably won't keep and bad mouthing each otherin the process.
Here is what I know! If we we forget God in America we are in big trouble! We have many examples of the pride cycle and what happens when we think we are too good, or too big to fall. Is it possible to get back to the basics of God, family, religion, integrity, and working together no matter our different ideas? I certainly hope so. I feel it is up to all of us individually to pray for this great country and its leaders. God gave us this country, our Constitution, and the privelede to live here. I want my children and grandchildren to live a good life like I have with freedoms to flourish and carry on as our Maker intended.

And on a lighter note, I will be glad to hear deoderant comercials again! This was not paid for by anyone but I do approve this message!!! LOL

5 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

lol, I love your last sentence. I like this post. I agree, I am very glad I live in this country.

lindsee said...

I love this country also and am proud of our armed forces that fight for our freedoms. Im excited that we get to vote but I also will be so excited not to have it on tv everyday....

Katie said...

I cry anytime I hear the National Anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance. So you're not the only one. I am just so proud to be an American (okay, totally corny)!

Veda said...

What a great post! I still remember when I played volleyball in school. We played music before the games. During Desert Stom, we played I am proud to be an American by Lee Greenwood. I can still remember how proud I felt and lucky that I lived here in America.

Julia said...

Mom, I love that you're so patriotic! That's something that you've passed on to me! I especially love seeing the American flag! Love ya, mom!!!