Friday, January 9, 2009

Inspiring Obituary, wierd I know!

I know this is weird, 2 posts in one day but had to share. I was looking in the Utah Obituaries (my great uncle died and was looking for his obituary) and came across this Obituary of a guy I don't know but I thought it was very inspiring and very well written and it had a real "feel good" touch to it. It started with his name and date of birth - date of death, then said this: "When you die your headstone has the date of birth and the date you died. But what is most important is the dash - in the middle". It is what you do with your life that counts, and apparently this guy thought life was great and lived it to the fullest. It also said that one of his favorite saying was "It's not whether you can survive the storm, but rather whether you can dance in the rain". You can bet this guy had a lot of love of family and friends with an attitude like that.
I took the sayings and put them at my desk so I could look at them all the time to help me remember them. I put it along side a couple of others that inspire me, I will share those too. "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" and "Brick walls are there for a reason, it shows how badly you want something". They were said by a professor that was dying of cancer and had a family and became very well know because of his positive attitude (I can't remember his name).
I know enough about the dying guys right? But sometimes we learn from how others lived their lives and how they died. Both of these men apparently suffered with a sickness and they endured to the end well. The poor guys didn't know that their obituaries inspired some lady in Arkansas who needed a little lift.
Anyway life is good and I am happy that I am here to live it!!! Now back to work with a smile! (Besides it is Friday)

2 comments:

lindsee said...

I love that quote..I might have to add it to my blog..

Donan said...

I love all of those neat quotes. I need to start a place where I have them when I need one!