Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Years

I would like to wish all our family and friends a very Happy New Year. We started the new years eve off well with friends. We had a progressive dinner with a few couples. We met for at each couples house for food and finished it off at the 5th and final house for games (played guys against the girls and it got heated) and snacks and then watched the ball drop. It was a lot of fun and I believe we started a tradition for the years to come.
I have sat at home and relaxed since then. It has been nice. I slept in for 3 days and just did whatever I wanted to. I felt some guilt but my friend Kathleen assures me that there is not guilt in relaxing and I believe her.
Today I am one year older... not really a huge thing to celebrate but I guess it is better than the alternative. I plan on seeing Marley and Me this afternoon and grab a bite to eat and just relax again. After tomorrow it all starts back up. Work, Institute, just life. So for today I am just going to enjoy the New Year and a new day.

11 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

happy birthday maureen...enjoy the movie!

Janae' said...

Happy Birthday!!

lindsee said...

Happy Birthday. you are such a little spit fire!!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy BDay! You are a day before me. Hope you had a great day. How was the movie?

Veda said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Maureen, Happy Birthday to you!

C and T Orvin said...

Happy Birthday Maureen! We were going to go and see Marly and Me tonight but decided to see 7 lbs instead (with Will Smith) talk about a tear jerker! Happy New Year!

C and T Orvin said...

Happy Birthday Maureen! We were going to go and see Marly and Me tonight but decided to see 7 lbs instead (with Will Smith) talk about a tear jerker! Happy New Year!

cindy said...

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year! I hope this new year brings much joy for you and your family!

BTW, that guilt over relaxing must run in the family. I have it too!

ReNae said...

Hope that your birthday yesterday was a great one, and that you enjoyed the movie you were so excited to see, I really would love to see that one too. It's good that you have had a relaxing time, it's something we all need at times. Oh, and can you believe that were the same age again.... Love ya....

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen. I forgot you shared a birthday with my girls and Chris Parker! My girls turned twelve...I have Young Women! Did you like Marley and Me? We took the kids to see it...big mistake! I was shocked by what was in it. I thought it was a kids movie, so we ended up leaving early because it got a little too uncomfortable.