Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A historical day

Today is one of those historical days for our nation. I don't want to get all political on this post, I will say that today as we see a new President take office, I for one am praying for our new President and all those who will work with him to guide our country. And I hope he will do a good job. I have been very vocal to who ever would listen (although not on my posts) about how I feel politically and as a matter of fact I got in a very heated discussion last week with an old friend over my views. My friend and I are at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum of where we stand. We have the some of the same moral standards but view this new presidency completely different. So here is what I said to her. "I hope this new president does a good job". Regardless of your political views, why would you want any different? I hope it will be a good and safe "change" that we can count on. Again I pray for our leaders of our country and other countries! I love this country and want the best for it. Even though we disagree on things I believe we can all agree on that and come together to try to make it a strong nation. I hope we don't forget what our nation was based on in the beginning and I hope we will not forget God who gave us all that we have. We also can't forget all of those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedoms! Join with me and pray for our nation and our new President Barack Obama!

5 comments:

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

Very well said!

Our Happy Family said...

AMEN

Amy said...

I agree with you Maureen. Although I didnt vote for him, many of my friends did.
As Lydia and I sat and watched him being sworn in, she remarked that she didnt like him. I gently told her we still needed to support him by praying for him and the other leaders of the nation.
I'm anxious to see what the next 4 years will bring.

Anonymous said...

my thoughts exactly! Let's all hope and pray for the best!

Pam said...

Maureen, I'm one of those people with polar opposing political views. I'm sure my reaction today was much different from yours and other conservatives but your support for the office of the President of the United States and prayers said on his behalf are exactly the things everyone in this country should be doing, like him or not. Pres. Obama has severe challenges facing him and his choices, along with those of Congress, will affect everyone in this country and throughout the world. Change and responsibility are the attitudes that should unite us as a people as we look towards the future.