Sunday, September 21, 2008

Up all night

A couple of days ago our Relief Society had a over night retreat at Petit Jean Mountain. I was excited to go and get away and just spend time with the ladies at church, getting to know everyone better. We had so much fun! I was in charge of games on Friday night. We played Telephone Charades, where you act out an event for 5 individuals one by one and by the 5th person the event is really messed up. The rest of the room chooses the event and knows what the clue is and then you watch as it gets totally messed... and by the time it gets to the last person they have no idea what they are doing and they adlib the whole thing. It is pretty halirous! All the ladies were great sports and went along with everything they were asked to do. After the games most of the women retired to their beds. We had 2 houses that we had rented. About 10 of us did not want the party to end so we went to the second house and talked, laughed and some cried util about 4:30 am. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in one night. It felt good to just laugh!!! We were woke up by laughing from the early retirees and the smell of breakfast. The new Mission President and his wife came and spoke to us for a early morning devotional.
I enjoyed the experience and the new friendships that were devoloped. Sometimes we just get so caught up in the busy life that we don't take the time to have fun, even with the people at churc that we see every week. I love these ladies. We are all at different seasons of our lives. (As per my previous post, I was the oldest crazy one to stay up late) but we have the love of the gospel in common. And the sisterhood we share as Relief Society sister.
It was great fun having Celeste with me on this retreat. She has moved out of the ward but was very much welcomed back into the fold. She is a pretty fun girl and it was great spending time with her.
I look at life differently than I used to. I want to enjoy life and not sit by and know that others are having fun. Sometimes it takes a problem in life to wake you up and help you realize that life is short and each day is precious and needs to be lived. You know those three words I keep seeing around "Love, Laugh, Live" It is true. I don't want to be a watcher but a doer.
To those ladies, thanks for the memories and the fun.

6 comments:

Janae' said...

I loved staying up all night too. Lets do it again sometime..

lindsee said...

you are such an amazing lady who I love to death. thanks for the memories. I truly hope you enjoy your nuts!!!!

jennifer rogers said...

i had so much fun with you and Celeste...it was great to get to know you guys a little better! I was very impressed that you stayed up all night with us :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great retreat! How did you stay up all night? I'm sure it was you who was keeping everyone up laughing :) I LOVE your take on life, and I totally agree with you. There are too many great things about life not to enjoy!

C and T Orvin said...

We heard about this overnight party...sounds like a lot of fun! We have an awesome ward here, but sure do miss some folks back home. Its fun to read all your blog entries - keep it up!

Veda said...

Thanks for going to the retreat and organizing the games. I loved our late night group. I will be forever thankful for that opportunity that I had getting to know you and others that I don't have an opportunity to interact with!