Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Humor

I love to laugh! I love humor (clean humor). I work for an Oral Surgeon and we had a patient come in a couple of weeks ago that needed to have a tooth extracted (pulled). The patient was from another country (India) and perhaps did not understand completely but none the less was funny.
The patient was told 2 weeks before his surgery date that he had to have 3 teeth pulled. One of the teeth was the upper "eye tooth" (you know the one that looks like a fang). Well he had worried about that one tooth being extracted. When the Dr. came in to start the surgery he asked the Dr. to promise that he would not lose his "eye sight" if that tooth is taken out. Because of course it is called an "eye tooth" and it is connected to his eye sight. He was serious! The Dr. promised that it would not affect his eye sight. He came back a week later and said that he wishes that he would not have had that tooth taken out cause he thinks he has started having weaker vision. PLEASE! I kept my cool until he left and then I had to go in the bathroom to laugh. Try talking to him about that when he calls to ask questions about his eyesight without laughing. That is what the hold button is for right?
I had another lady call the other day to schedule an appointment to have her gall bladder "tooken out". I told her that this Dr. is an Oral Surgeon, she still didn't get that word "oral" she cared only that he is a surgeon. Oh dear, she said she didn't care if he just pulled that sucker out through her mouth it hurts so bad. And my jaw dropped. What exactly do you say to that? People are funny!

3 comments:

Janae' said...

That is hilarious!!!

The Crace's said...

How did you keep a straight face!!

Anonymous said...

Heelarious!! You are full of funnies. Please keep posting your stories. You and Ryan are such good storytellers, one of my favorite things about you both :)