Friday, September 19, 2008

Old?

What is old? I keep hearing my kids and others say "They are pretty old ya know maybe 50 or 60". Watch it! I represent that comment. The 50 part not the 60's yet. It is amazing how I don't feel old but then you go to the mirror and there it is. A reflection of a much older person than you remember seeing staring back at you. I don't like it! The process of getting old is not fun. I have started paying attention to all those comercials that I used to laugh at. Now I care about which medicine to take for the ailments or irregularity. Gross! I had to go to the doctors the other day and he told me the reason that am experiencing a certain problem. At the end of his explanation I said "So you are telling me that this is AGE related". He said "We never say that, this is for those who are wiser and smarter than most people" I laughed, "Age related" I said. He just smiled. The question is what do you do about it? Nothing but excercise, eat right and pray that you hold out for as long as possible. I have noticed when we go out to eat with friends the conversation turns to ailements, doctors, surgeries and of course another subject, our kids (that is for another post). I have to force myself to exercise! I always feel better when I do but it is hard to get the body out of bed and go to the gym. I always need a push. Like Doug asking me if I went that day. Course as some of you know that my man is training for a half marathon in Oct. I am pitiful compared to him. Looking in the mirror sometimes gives me that boost to visit the gym or just going by how slugish I feel. So the next time you see me, help give me that little push and ask me, How is the gym these days? Hopefully you will get a smile and not a glare.

5 comments:

Britney said...

So.... how is the gym these days? haha Don't worry, i haven't been to a gym in a long time. I like your frequent blogging lately, you have some funny stories. And thank you for the congratulations!

Aubrey said...

Mom, I think you're referring to our conversation the other day where I said, "He's old, (and then caught myself) he's in his 50's". I said something else that could have referred to you being old to and for that...sorry. I have heard the 50's are your best years...that is if you can hear. I'm just joking. I just made myself laugh.

Our Happy Family said...

Let me tell you what I do when I go to the gym. I go into curves in the morning. Everyone their is always talking about food and all the different places to eat. So I go home, shower, and we go get something to eat. Or, I stop by Maggies and get some cookies. So...that is my pitiful workout days. hehehe

Courtney said...

Hey Maureen!!! It's Courtney Sanderson! How are you??? I found you through a blog of a blog of a blog. I enjoyed reading your blog. I'm very, very new to this whole blogging thing. Here is our family blog if you would like to visit it. http://conversationswithcourt.blogspot.com/
Take care. I just wanted to say hi so I wouldn't be a creepy blog lurker!
Oh, and my mom told me that Celeste is in her ward. That's so crazy.

Janae' said...

Just one Letter from me to brighten your day ... L!!!