Friday, September 26, 2008

I want a new style

Do you ever watch those TV shows where they take a person and completely redo their look? I want someone to nominate me! Ok, here is the problem... I noticed that they don't have people on those shows over 45 years of age. (Back to the previous post about getting old) Here is what I want. Well first I know I still have to drop a few more pounds (another 15 to be exact) but I am at the point of, do I dress to old or too young, kind of in the middle thing. I go with my daughter to shop and she puts clothes on and looks like a Barbie doll, of course I realize she is 22 years old and I am not. But then I put something on and there is a silence and then well... a giggle or we just bust out laughing. Not fun. Am I required at my age to wear nylons to church or can I go like others and wear bare legs (NO TAN mind you)? Now for the hair style. I get very frustrated with hair. I know what I want, I will take a picture in and say I want my hair like this. "Sure I can do that" they say. I don't say I want to look like her I say "I want my hair to be cut like this". Here is what one of my hairstylists said to me after cutting my hair. I looked at the picture and told her that it didn't look like what the picture showed, she said "I didn't bring my MAGIC WAND". Are you kidding me? Needless to say I moved on to another stylist! I keep trying to find someone who can do my hair the way I asked to have it done. I think I have pretty easy hair. I have about given up! I want a neat style. Not funky.
The other day I googled short hair styles and I could not believe what came up.

Yeah right, who wears their hair like that. You would have to be in Hollywood and on some kind of drug to be able to look in the mirror and really think it is an attractive look.

And no I don't want streaks of blue and purple in my hair either. Or my hair to hang in my eyes or stand up like I am scared all the time.

I guess I want age appropriate too, but not old appropriate! I believe after a certain age long hair is not appropriate. I know that is probably not popular but it is just my opinion. I don't like to see older women with long flowing hair. Mine is getting long now and it is time for a change. Long hair seems to pull me down, accents the lines and makes me feel droopy and old. SO I am getting a new cut. Have to find another decent picture and someone who will listen to what I want and perhaps make sure they brought their magic wand!.. So what do you think of this style. Now remember I am not asking to look like her (which wouldn't be bad) but rate the cut and see if it is Me (even without any magic)!

2 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

I love that last style. I think it is way cute. I'm glad you had fun on the womens retreat. Sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun!

Janae' said...

That is a cute one, but looks like too much work and you are way cuter than the model by the way.. I know there is some site you can pay to go to that you put your picture in and it gives you a million hairstyles to put your face with.. I've heard it is really cool. Might want to give that a try. But invite us all over for a good laugh when you do please LOL