Sunday, March 1, 2009

Good Tribett News

Celeste posted a couple of weeks ago in a round about way that she is pregnant. I didn't catch it at first so I decided that I would come right out and announce it (mentioned in my last post too). She is due in September... and we are very excited for them. We will finally have a grandchild that we can see all of the time. Poor child will have to endure a lot of kissing and hugging from grandpa and grandma.
I do feel bad that she is so very sick but I remind her that it will all be worth it and she will forget this bad time. She informed Joe that they are only having one child! I remember saying the same thing. How soon you forget after you hold and love on a new baby. This will be grandchild #7 and we find out in 5 weeks if it is a boy or a girl.
Have I mentioned how fun it is to be a grandma. Well it is the best fun in the world. While in Utah last month there was one day when we got all 6 of our grandchildren together and took a ton of pictures, a few days later 5 of the grandchildren got together and went to a museum and the park. We had so much fun. Then we played dress ups and had a pizza party. It is a day I will always cherish. Those times are very rare so it was a day to remember for both Doug and I. In fact I will say it is much more fun being grandma than being a mom. I love it!

4 comments:

cindy said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for Celeste and Joe and also for you and Doug that you will have a baby close by. Hope Celeste gets feeling better soon.

The Crace's said...

Oh Maureen, it's been 18 mo since Owen was born and I still vividly remember. There are still foods I can't eat. Does that mean I'm done?!

Mary G. said...

Oh my gosh, that's wonderful!! Congratulations to Celeste and Joe!

lindsee said...

We are so excited for them. I remember the sickness and it never went away until the day that I gave birth. But like you said it is all worth it once they are here and have so much love to give all those around them...