Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has Sprung


I am so excited for spring, it is my favorite time of year. I love the full blossoms on the trees, the tulips, all the flowers starting to blossom, the smells of lilac and all the blossoms in the air, (I can enjoy it cause I don't suffer with allergies). I have been amazed while living in Arkansas for 21 years at the beauty that abounds here. It is absolutely breathtaking!!! I have never seen so many colors on trees. The dogwoods are like lace with yellow, pink and white blossoms, the Bradford pears are bursting with blossoms (they don't smell the best though), the Azaeleas are vibrant pink and white and the red bud trees are bright purple! It is so beautiful in Arkansas in the spring.

This next week is spring break for all the schools. Some people are going away for the week. My friend is going to ride a train to San Diego, I have Institute kids that are going to Switzerland, another friend leaves for a cruise tomorrow and my brother flies to Hawaii today and ... well I am rather jealous. I want to do something fun. I have to stay home and work but I am going to do something fun! Don't know what but if you have any ideas then I want to hear them. Keep in mind that I work 8-5... I will work in the yard some because I like to do that but I want something fun. So friends, let hear your ideas!

No comments: