Friday, March 6, 2009

Friends

I feel blessed to have many friends in my life. When I was younger I seemed to visit with my friends on the phone more. I would take our children to friend's homes and the moms would visit and the kids played. We would go on outings together and just have fun. Now that I am older I find that I don't visit friends much, don't sit and talk on the phone for long periods of time. I email more than anything, or text, but if I go to Facebook I can visit with friends that I haven't seen or heard from for a very long time. (I do like Facebook)
Last night I went to our Relief Society Birthday Dinner and I sat at a table with friends. It was nice to just sit and visit face to face, laugh and talk! Beckie, one of my friends and I were talking about our future plans. I mentioned that in just over a couple of years Doug and I plan to move out West. As I sat and looked around the room during the program I realized that all these people are my friends. Some of them have been my friends for more than 21 years. We have been in callings in the church together, raised our families together, or I taught them in Primary or YW (which makes me feel old). It will be hard to leave here after putting down roots in a small town. Some of my friends are actually friends of my kids. They are adults now, having babies, raising children, doing the parent thing. They have turned out well! My friends are valuable even if I don't see or talk to them all the time. Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends (couples) then I am going to the girls night out. I look forward to these times. I like being with people, with friends and I don't care what age they are. Life is all about relationships isn't it?

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

I didn't even see you last night! It was a fun night to get away for a couple of hours! Have fun at the girls night out!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I have friends that are my Grandmother and Mother's age and also friends that I taught in Primary who have grown up and had children of their own. Friendship has no age boundaries. What a blessing. I remember feeling so intimidated as a young married lady looking at all of you 'have it all together' ladies... I never imagined that some day we'd be friends. I'm so grateful :)

lindsee said...

hey I just want you to know that I love you. You are such an amazing women. I know I am a terrible visiting teacher but I will be calling this month! please call if you need anything...

The Crace's said...

That's why you can't move!