Friday, April 17, 2009

My dear sweet man


My husband was on assignment with his job in Russellville for 8 days and was supposed to come home yesterday. I was excited to have him return home and have things back to normal. I tried all morning to call him on his cell phone but there was not answer. He always returns my calls and I thought it was strange that hours went by and nothing. About 1:00 yesterday he called me from his company cell phone (which I don't have the phone # for). I asked him why he hadn't called me and asked him where he was. He was very confused and didn't know where he was or how he got there and he just kept asking me the same questions over and over again. He was laughing and being silly but just kept asking me questions like, did I leave the house this morning, when did I talk to you last, telling me he didn't know where he was. He did not know what day it was, who the president of the US was, who the prophet was, didn't know the names of family members. He did remember my phone number though (thankfully). I kept him on the phone and called 9-1-1 and got the police and ambulance dispatched to the area that he described for me. He as at a walking trail there in Russellville. They got to him as I was talking to him on the phone. He was not happy that I called them and didn't want to leave his vehicle. I had to talk him out of the car for them to be put in the ambulance, (as I was flying in my car with Celeste to Russellville) to meet him at the hospital. When I got there he was in his running clothes with scratches on his legs and he was still really confused and not acting himself. They ran a few tests and determined that he might have had a stroke. They wanted to admit him in the hospital but it was decided to transport him by ambulance to the our town hospital instead, which is where he is now.
Here is what we know, he knew he was done on his assignment and was going to check out of the motel but he decided to go walking that morning (he works out every morning so normal routine). Last night he finally remembered getting his running clothes on and going to the sight but he does not have ANY memory of between 6am to 1pm and what he did during that time. He apparently walked somewhere cause we could tell by his shoes and the marks on his legs. But it is a mystery of what happened to him during 6-7 hours. He does not remember our conversation, he remembers talking to me but not what was said. He kept asking last night what time it was cause he was so shocked that the day was gone and he couldn't remember any of it. Poor thing. Anyway he is at the hospital and many tests are going to be done today to determine the problem.
I love my man more than anything and pray that he will be fine! I don't know how to live without him. This was a huge wake up call of how we take day to day life for granted.
Please remember him in your prayers if you would.
Love ya'll

12 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

oh my goodness Maureen! How scary! I hope they figure out what happened, I'm glad he's here in Conway! We will definitely keep him in our prayers!

cindy said...

That must have been terrifying for all of you. It's such a blessing that he remembered your number and that the authorities were able to get to him. I hope all goes well with the tests. We'll say our prayers for him.

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad dad is getting better. I was so worried yesterday and it was even more frustrating that I was not there to help or anything. I hope you're holding up mom. luv ya both!

Tammie said...

That is so scary! I hope that everything goes well with the tests today and that they are able to find out what caused this. We will definitely keep Doug and the rest of the family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Maureen, I can't imagine the fear you must have felt. I am so glad he remembered your phone number and that the ambulance found him. We will pray for your family. We love you both.

Monica said...

Wow! What a blessing that he was able to remember your phone number and call you. He will be in our prayers.

Our Happy Family said...

Him and your family is in our prayers!!!

Britney said...

Wow, I'm sorry you guys are having to go through this. He's in my prayers too.

Sue said...

Luv ya and thinking of you in your time of trial. Wow the unknown is so cruel when we just want answers so we can fix it and make it better! Good luck and we pray that God will speed the answers to you as quickly as possible!!

Amy said...

Maureen,
how scary! Im so glad he was able to call. That in itself, is a huge blessing.
We are praying for your family during this time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

ReNae said...

Maureen, hope that your doing O.K., we sure are thinking and praying for you and Doug... let us know if we can do anything, we are concerned... Love you guys, Gary and ReNae

Adam said...

Wow. I can't even imagine how scary that was for you and the whole family. I sincerely hope everything turns out okay.