Friday, April 3, 2009

American Idol Junkie


I am an American Idol Junkie! I love me some American Idol! It comes on while I have been studying for Institute or teaching on Wed nights. Doug got tired of recording it and so he surprised me with a DVR. AWESOME!!! I flip thru those commercial and the garbage I don't want to watch and get to see the good stuff. A whole new way to watch Idol. I do admit I usually fast forwarding thru Paula's looooonnnnngggg opinions!

This year is extra special cause our very own Conway Arkansas boy Kris Allen is in the top 8! Last year I was for David Archeletta, not only cause he had a beautiful voice but he was from our old home town Murray Utah. I lived just a couple of blocks from his high school and all. It was exciting to watch him get to the end and being the 2nd best. (I still consider him the best but I will say that David Cook sure has done an awesome job with the title).

I am cheering Kris Allen on and voting as many times as I can during the 2 hours that the lines are open. He is our boy this year! Are you with me on this one?

PS. We found out what Celeste and Joe are having but I want her to blog it first, stay tuned.

7 comments:

cindy said...

I wondered if you knew Kris when I saw that he was from Conway. He seems like a nice kid. Believe it or not, we get Idol on TV over here. We get the shows on Thursday and Friday night. They edit all the voting numbers and some of the comments, so it's kinda wierd, but at least I get to watch it. It's my link to the States while I'm here. I love it too!!!

lindsee said...

really I think that the dvr is the best thing that was invented. I cant stand live TV. I to am all about American Idol and Kris Allen..

Our Happy Family said...

I am also an American Idol junkie!!!!! I plan my Tuesday and Wednesday nights around A.I. I love to sit and watch it and to watch Baylee dance the entire time that they are singing. I really like Kris, but my all time favorite is Danny. Kris is my second choice though.

Tammie said...

I agree with you on the DVR. There is nothing better than being able to fast forward the commercials. I am also voting for Kris Allen. He and Danny are my favorites.

Valerie said...

We are big time American Idol junkies too - and we can't record it, so it probably keeps us from other things we should be doing too much - we need to get a DVR sometime . . . .

C and T Orvin said...

We love American Idol too...when I first saw that he was from Conway we just thought that he might make it to the top 24, but now we love his voice. DVR - we can't live without it. In fact little Grant the other day told me, "Umm...why are we watching live TV - we aren't supposed to watch live TV!" - he's 4!

cindy said...

Sure, we're happy to have visitors!There's so much to see and do here. It's great fun. Plan a trip and come over!