Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanks

When life gets hard then there is one thing to count on... the Lord blesses you with people around you to bouy you up and give you strength.

Every morning I wake up i tell myself that I am going to try very hard to have a normal day, just like it used to be. Get up and shower, get ready for the day... drive to work, put in 8 or more hours at work, come home make dinner, spend time with hubby and family and read, do hobbies and just be normal again. As soon as I put my feet to the ground I know I Can't MAKE that happen. I have to be careful just walking, have to have someone there to shower, can't drive or work etc... and now Doug is on crutches too so it has made it a little bit more of a challenge for both of us. So we are really a sight to behold. But here is what we have been blessed with.

Gospel... to know the whole plan of happiness and what it is all about

Family... our adult children have flown across the country or driven hours to get here and have helped with every need, they have done things that I thought would have to be done when I am much older and they have been absolutely wonderful! Celeste has come to the house with her 3 month old baby every morning and stayed all day until after 10 pm to help take care of us. Our boys have done all kinds of chores around the house (inside and out) to get our house ready to sell, our kids just rallied around and decided what had to be done and they call daily to check on the progress. My parents call every single day to check in, they have their own health problems and this is when I need to be helping them.

Friends...have visited, called, brought in meals, sent cards and packages, and taken on my responsiblity at church and work. A few of my Institute students came by a couple of nights ago just to hang out and it was some of the best medicine ever. I haven't been much fun to be around lately but it is nice to have people around to bring a smile and help forget your cares. You know how people mention that you are in their prayers. Well, I think that this is how I am being blessed. I can't say that my health is better but having people in my life that care, makes all the difference in the world. I know that this is the time of year where everyone is busy trying to get everything ready for Christmas and yet extra time is given to lift someone elses burden. You know that you are being blessed when you spent the day crying and the mailman knocks and waits at the door until you answer and he hands you a care package from a friend. How did she know? How did any of them know what was needed and when?

Christmas will be different this year. I don't care about the shopping cause I can't do it this year and it isn't important anymore. Christmas will be better because it will be centered around the most important blessings I have and that is family and friends not things that can be bought at any store. I just want to feel the love of the season and have it Christ centered, lots of Christmas music and the "real reason for the season".

I am truly blessed with angels for family and friends. So, thanks to Heavenly Father for placing all of you in my life! All of you have been my blessing and a answer to prayers.

7 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

maureen you have been on my mind so much lately! I haven't done anything because I haven't known what to do! Just know that you guys are in my prayers and my thoughts all the time! I hope you are having an easier time with all of this, you are such a sweet person and I've really enjoyed getting to know you better!

Celeste and Joe said...

it's ok mom, you've lived a good life. lol

We're glad to help and hope you and dad get better soon.

Aubrey said...

Turn on the Carpenters, the Christmas tree, have Celeste make some wassal, and bring out a puzzle. You have so many people that care about you, family and friends. I wish I could come out and help as the other kids have but instead I try to make up for what I can't do by calling every second :) I'm so glad Dad, Celeste, and Derek are there with you and that you are keeping busy. Never give up, you never have and never will cause if there's one thing I know about you is you're a fighter. Why do you think I'm so stubborn? We are more alike that you think. Keep smiling and thinking positive thoughts. Like you've always told me, "Bloom where you're planted". That can be said whether you move to a new place or have a new situation. Love ya mom!!

Janae' said...

Oh Maureen, I wish I lived closer to come and just sit and visit with you on your couch. I have been praying for you and fasted last week for you. I love you and I look forward to your blog posts and updates about your life. Please keep your chin up and keep blogging. You are such a strong example to me in my life.

Our Happy Family said...

You and your family our in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that we are here for you and your family.

lindsee said...

We love you so much and if you need anything please call me. You have such strength you are always in my prayers.

The Boone Family said...

Mom, you have such a great attitude, even when things are hard. Your strength is amazing! You're a great example to me! I wish I lived closer to help out more. I always enjoy talking to you on the phone daily to catch up. We are all praying for you and dad. We love you!