Sunday, July 26, 2009

Note to self: Watch who I am texting!

I have been having problems with my mouth getting dry and feeling numb lately. I feel like I have just been to the dentist and had shots, my whole mouth has been very sensitive and I haven't been able to figure it out. I had to teach a class at Youth Conference last Friday and I was worried about being able to speak because of this problem. I thought it was new medication that I had been taking for a couple of months but it didn't make sense that it just started. Doug said yesterday that maybe it was the toothpaste that I was using... hum, I never thought of that but every time I used it my mouth would burn... Dah! He went to the grocery store last night quite late (11 pm) and I remembered that I forgot to put toothpaste on the grocery list. I had just taken my glasses off and was getting ready for bed and thought I better text him to remind him to get some different toothpaste. I text the words quickly "Get new toothpaste please". I pushed the send button and as it was processing I realized that I was sending it to a different number, not Doug's cell phone. I tried to stop it but it showed that I had sent the message. Oh wow, who had I just told to "get new toothpaste please". It was my brothers cell phone. Now you have to know that I love my brother dearly but he lives in Utah and we don't really talk to each other very much, no reason we just are busy and don't visit much. I just wondered what he thought (after not hearing from me for a few months) why I would send him a text telling him that he needs to get new toothpaste. It was late, and I was tired, but I just pictured him and what his reaction might have been to see that message come across his phone. I just sat down at home (all by myself) and laughed so hard I was crying. Doug came home at that time and wondered what was wrong with me.
I did send my brother another text trying to explain but I guess I better call him today and let him know that I don't think he has bad breath, or poor oral hygiene.
And I will watch to make sure I am texting the right person when I send any message from now on!

5 comments:

Janae' said...

LOL!! I hope you get it figured out soon! I have texted the wrong people too. It is quite embarrasing.

Laura said...

I'm sure my Dad had a good laugh about that! That is funny. I get random texts sometimes from people and I think it is funny.

Aubrey said...

Funny!

Veda said...

Funny story! Of course, this had to happen late at night!

The Boone Family said...

That's hilarious! :) Love ya, mom!